Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Setting sail!

Welcome aboard! Yo ho!

I am known as "Pirate Girl" on BeginnerTriathlete.com and MTBR.com, so IMAZPirateGirl seemed to fit (and it wasn't taken). This blog is just a diary of my experiences as I train and prepare for my first Ironman triathlon, Ironman Arizona (IMAZ), which takes place April 15, 2007. The Ironman triathlon is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run (marathon). One right after the other. All in the same day.

Am I scared out of my mind? You betcha! But I've plunked down the $450 in entry fees, so I am committed to this insanity.

My "official" training for IMAZ begins on November 27, 2006. It is a 20-week training plan from BeginnerTriathlete.com, created by the coaches of D3Multisports. In the meantime, I am training for the SOMA Half Ironman triathlon, which is on October 29, 2006. This will be my 3rd Half Ironman. From the end of that race until the IMAZ training plan begins I will be taking a "mental break." No racing and no structured training. I will still do workouts, but only when I feel like it. That way I will be mentally refreshed before starting IMAZ training.

So stay tuned for more updates on my training and experiences as the date of IMAZ ticks closer and closer.

P-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home