Friday, April 11, 2008

4/10/08: 3 days left to IMAZ

Crazy busy day! Here's the summary:

- Left Tucson at 7:30AM, got doughnuts on the way.

- Arrived in Tempe at a little before 10, and parked at the hotel. We decided to see if we could check-in early, as I didn't want to leave everything in the car. They gave us our room early! So we unpacked. Only took 3 trips to the car.

- Practice swim was over (missed it), so I headed straight to packet pick up. There were 2 lines, USAT members and non-members. The non-members line was huge! The shorter line was worth the annual fee right there.

- Got my official stuff.

- Went to NA sports and tried on a TYR 1 piece black swimsuit w/ skulls & crossbones, an IMAZ sleeveless jersey, and some other stuff. Decided to go with the swimsuit, jersey, and an IMAZ sticker. Stood in line and wondered what I would do with the stuff if I didn't finish. Put the stuff back. Went back a few minutes later and picked it back up and bought it.

- Wandered around the expo.

- Went to the Janus Inspiration station. This is where you can make posters to be put out on the course. It's always best to do this on the first day of the expo. Zac and I had our own table, and it wasn't busy at all. I made a GO TTG poster, and Zac made me a poster complete with a cute little pirate and "Pirate's Revenge" on it. He was pretty proud of it.

- Went to lunch at Wildflower, where I got the lemon penne pasta. So good!

- Back to the hotel to change and put on bike clothes. We biked the entire run course just to see where the turns are and stuff. Got back just before dark.

- Met up with a friend of mine from MTBR.com that lives in Tempe, and went to dinner at Wildflower (again) with him and his girlfriend.

- Stayed up late chatting. Got to bed at 12:30AM.

I took a ton of pictures, and hopefully I'll get those uploaded soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home