Friday, December 29, 2006

Training Week 5: 12/25/06 - 12/31/06

Training Schedule:
Out sick.

Friday 12/29/06 update:
It figures that the week I have off from work and the most time available to train I would end up sick. Christmas Eve and Day were both rest days, and the day after I came down with a sore throat and muscle aches. So for the past 3 days I have been fending off a cold (or the flu) with lots of rest and Airborne. Today I woke up with only a little bit of a sore throat, so I think I'll go ahead and do some Spinervals and a short run, followed by a core workout. I decided to do nothing while sick, so that I didn't make myself worse and draw it out over the entire week. I won't be able to catch up on workouts this week, so I'll just do what I can and start new with Week 6. Oh well. I guess in a 20 week training plan things like this are going to happen. Hopefully I'm done with being sick and won't have anything to worry about until after April.

Zac gave me quite a bit of tri stuff for gifts. I got a wheel bag from TriSports for keeping my wheels nice while traveling to races, the Spinervals Aero Base Builder box set, a muscle massage kit (which will work nice for stretching the IT Band), and new Shimano Ultegra SPD SL pedals. I'll have to make a trip to TriSports next week to buy some official tri shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home