Friday, January 12, 2007

Week 7 Training: 1/8/07-1/14/07

Training Schedule:
Mon, 1/8: Rest day & TTG club meeting
Tues, 1/9 - Fri 1/12: Erratic
Sat, 1/13: Possible ride in PHX, or on trainer
Sun, 1/14: RACE: PF Chang's Rock n' Roll AZ 1/2 marathon

Friday 1/12/07 update:
Sorry for the delay! This week has been crazy busy. Or maybe this was just a test to see if anyone reads this thing. I know Holly does. ;)

I'm deviating from the normal training plan this week, as the 1/2 marathon is on Sunday. I was supposed to have 2 long bike rides, but that doesn't work with the race. So I decided to fit what I can in this week, and rejoin the regular plan next week. Plus, with the weather being unpredictable this week, it's been tough to actually schedule workouts. So I'm just doing what I can but I'm not totally slacking!

Zac is doing the 1/2 marathon as well on Sunday. This is his first running race ever, and he just wants to finish. I've decided to stick with him the entire time and run his pace. I could go off and try to PR (actually, I've never done a 1/2 mary outside a half ironman), but I'd finish 20-30 min ahead of Zac and would just be stuck waiting around. I think it would be much more fun to run with him and help him through the race. He's never done a race this long, so the mental side may kick in. Plus, I think it would make a cool finishing photo of us crossing the line together. I may have to actually buy that one.

Tonight is Master's swim, if it's not raining. On tap for the workout is a 1500 yd time trial, so I'm curious where I'm at swim fitness-wise. Saturday we are heading up to Phoenix for the race, and visiting with a friend of mine. I may get a chance to do a quick road ride, but I'm not sure at this point. We'll see how it all pans out. Plus, Phoenix roads are scary! Much more scary than Tucson roads.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck at the race, luck to hubby too. I'll be eating Cactus with katrina. Investing in tweezers ...

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Niki said...

Yes, people are reading your blog! Congrats to both of you on the 1/2 marathon!!!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger sue :) said...

Yah, lots of reading... you are doing awesome! I wish mine was going as well as yours- you are very motivating though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home