Saturday, March 24, 2007

Training Week 17: 3/19/07 - 3/25/07

I did a quick run early in the week, even though I was coughing and hacking away. Friday morning I got up at 4:30AM and did a Spinervals workout on the trainer, and almost fell asleep on it. Saturday I am doing a 3 hr run, and on Sunday I'm doing a 68 mile ride and probably the TTG swim workout. I haven't been swimming due to this cold.

The IMAZ Athlete Guide was put out this week, which started making me nervous. I still have a ton of stuff to do! I started making my lists for what to pack in all of my transition and special needs bags, and have started buying stuff for the race (Cliff Bloks, etc). This week I went to Sports Authority and bought some Underarmor running shorts. They are compression shorts like bike shorts, but without the padding. So I am going to try them out on my 3 hr run to see how they work. If they work well, I'll use them in the race. If not, I'll just use regular running shorts.

Next weekend is the Ragnar relay, and my last long workout weekend. I'll be running about 13 miles over the entire race, so it shouldn't be too bad. Sunday I am doing a 2.4 mile open water swim at Lake Pleasant. That will be my first time back in the wetsuit for this year. I'm going to wear my swimsuit under my wetsuit to see how it does.

Just a few short weeks until race day. I can't believe it's almost here!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to follow you and everyone else online. You rock girl...Patti and I will be yelling and cheering each time we see your updated time splits. You are gunna be an Ironman (girl...something)!!!

IronMax

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home