Sunday, April 13, 2008

4/13/08: IRONMAN ARIZONA RACE DAY

It's 3:45 AM and I just finished my race day breakfast of PB & honey on wheat and Gatorade. This will give it 3 hrs before race time to digest. Transition area opens at 5 AM, so I'm getting dressed and getting everything ready to go. I'm ready to get this thing started! Waiting for the gun to go off is the worst part.

Thanks so much for following along online. If you are following along on IronmanLive.com, be sure to keep typing the bib number in and hitting "Enter" or "Go" or whatever the button is to keep refreshing the screen. See you at the finish line!

The final training totals that brought me here today:
December 17, 2007 - April 12, 2008 (17 weeks total, 6 days of training per week)

Swim = 52 hrs 43 min 38 sec, 135,538 yds
Bike = 115 hrs 37 min 07 sec, 1,479.78 mi
Run = 65 hrs 58 min 35 sec, 321.68 mi
TOTAL = 234 hrs 19 min 20 sec

5 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Blogger Mary Sunshine said...

Hi!

Great Blog!! Just saw your swim time and first bike split...somebody in Cinci OH is praying for you out there!

Mary

 
At 3:46 AM , Blogger Dave said...

We found your blog yesterday during the race, and followed along for the rest of the evening. So happy that you finished, congratulations!

 
At 4:01 AM , Blogger Calyx Meredith said...

I found you last week and was following along yesterday. I did the math wrong and didn't understand that the time diff between Tempe and the East Coast was three hours, not two. I watched what I thought was the cutoff for the bike go by without your time posted and I was aching for you. I cheered so loudly when I checked back later just in case and saw you had finished and were on to the run. (My family said, "What? She finished? Oh great!!") WAY TO GO - from a complete stranger (and her family) who were sending you good thoughts.

 
At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Elaine...I was watching you all day, and was so hap0p0y when I saw you made the bike cut!
You are an insp0iration to us all! Thanks for sharing your journey with us all!

See you soon!

Rose

 
At 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got up this morning to check your stats and... YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!! We are so proud of you. Rest well, soak those tootsies, eat some chocolate and bask in your victory. I look forward to your recap of the day. No hurry :)

Much love,
e&P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home