Thursday, April 12, 2007

Countdown to IMAZ: 3 days left

3 DAYS!!!!!

I'm heading up to Tempe today to pick up my packet and wander around the expo. I'll try to get some pics and post them here. I stayed up late last night packing the last of my bags, making sure I have everything. Race day is going to be here before I know it!

PM update:
I've arrived in Tempe. The drive down the freeway was super windy with dust and tumbleweeds blowing all over the place. I parked at the hotel parking lot and headed over to the expo. I'm at the Courtyard Marriott which is an easy walk to the venue. I got my packet, bags, stickers, etc. As they were explaining the stickers that go on my bike and gear, I looked up and there was Paula Newby-Fraiser! I wish I could've gotten a pic. After I was done getting my stuff she was busy eating, so that wouldn't be a good time to get a pic.

I hit the IMAZ product tent and bought $200 in IMAZ stuff. Hey, it's like your first time to Disneyland...you gotta dump a ton of coin on the "official" merchandise. I bought an IMAZ bike jersey, shirt, some reflective stickers (as required on jerseys for race day), bumper sticker, hat, and picture frames. If I don't finish, then I can always sell it on eBay. But none of it says IMAZ Finsher, just IMAZ.

Today was the right day to hit the expo. They were still setting everything up, so it wasn't crowded at all. I could shop at my leisure. I figured it was best to buy stuff now rather than later when it might be gone.

My hotel room is awesome! I scored a ground floor room, with a patio door that opens to the pool area. It took me forever to unload everything, but it's all done. I'm going to get a bit of rest, then head off to dinner with a good friend of mine that lives in Tempe. No pics today, but maybe I'll have some for tomorrow. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home